Monday, May 16, 2011

Best meal of the week

I just had the best meal of the week-Tuna casserole. It was a little odd using cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom-but it was protein!! These past two days have been bagels, crackers, green beans and soup-the last time I had meat was 4 days ago. So the little can of tuna in tonight's meal was perfect.

I have been feeling better, since I have increased my vitamins. Energy still isn't back to normal-probably will not be till this is over.

It has been a week and the only money we have spent is the $6.00 from the other night. I was going to see how long we can go until we hit the grocery store-but I think it will be this week. A nice steak and a huge salad sounds great right now.

I really feel for those who have to live this way. They are not treated well, they are not sure "what's for dinner", they eat what is available, they have to organize their week around the few hours the pantry is open, they eat unhealthy food, feel miserable and get sick often.

When ever I think about complaining or giving up, I think about those who don't have the choice to do so. So far we have traveled 13 miles to get our food. That's a huge difference compared to driving 3 miles to Kroger. With the price of gas I cannot imagine how families are getting by doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment