Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sorry the Blog was down

Sorry I was trying to post yesterday and blogspot.com was down. Now that they are back up, I am missing posts from Thursday as well. If you read them great-they said they are working to get them back up on here.
Now I will try and catch up on what you missed.

It has been an interesting few days, Thursday I started to not feel well. I realized that I don't have to be a nutritionist to realize that this food isn't good for you. Full of salt and sugar, most nutrients have been "processed" out of them. So now I am taking a multivitamin along with some other vitamin supplements. I am hoping that this sinus infection will go away.

Yesterday we were getting to the end of the supplies. Only odds and ends are left, so we planned on hitting the pantry again. We did see a sign that Domino's was doing a $5 pizza so we splurged $6.34 (with tax) last night for dinner. This is the first of the $75 that we spent so far. I miss meat and veggies the most!

So we entered into the pantry and there were 6 others
in there. It was really sad to see our neighbors hurting and in such need. They were so quiet, no one talked in the waiting room. As one person passed us they said excuse me, very quiet and nicely. Other than that it was the only words spoken. We signed up on a list, filled out the forms and waited to be called. The sign in list had 19 other names on it, you could see all who came that day. Not a good way to give privacy or be discrete.

Then our names were called and out the door we went with 2 young boys carrying our food. I told them we could take it, but they insisted. That was really nice to have someone take your groceries to your car.

As we drove home we wondered "what's in the bag"?

So here is the new food items that we received from the new food pantry.

3 cans of green beans
1 can chicken noodle soup
pasta
1 can of spaghetti sauce
boxed potatoes
Hamburger Helper (scared)
Cream of chicken
Pork and beans
can of oranges
cherry pie filling (really?)
can of mixed fruit
Choc. chip cookies
and....ready for this.....22 bagels-for 2 people!!

There was way less food compared to the first pantry. This will be more challenging to piece things together with this load of food.

So far today was cornflakes for breakfast and a package of saltine crackers for lunch. I'm not that hungry, I just have no energy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment